HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1752788 Members
6053 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Ports for HPE 3PAR CLI communication?

Bjornulf
Occasional Contributor

Ports for 3par CLI communacation ?

Hi

According to 3par CLI Admin manual I need to have the 5782-83 ports open for communication with the 3par systems.  I'm not able to establish contact but we can see on the internal fw that the CLI is trying to contact on port 2550, is this the port used just to initiate connection? This port is not mentioned in the admin guide. Is there a way of changing this so that CLI will use 5782-83 also for initiating the connection or do we have to open for 2550 as well?

Bjørnulf

5 REPLIES 5
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

‎>I need to have the 5782-83 ports open for communication

If you only want secure connections, you only need 5783.  5782 is for -nosockssl.

cimserver, Vasa and WSAPI need other ports.

>on port 2550, is this the port used just to initiate connection?

This is only used for talking to very old array versions and is used when 5783 fails.

Bjornulf
Occasional Contributor

Hi

Thank you for your reply. I'm trying to connect to a new 3par 20850 array with cli v 3.2.2. So if the CLI is trying to connect to the array trough port 2550 it would be because 5783 failes? Is there a log somewhere where I can see what is happening in the initiatingprocess?

Bjørnulf

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>if the CLI is trying to connect to the array through port 2550 it would be because 5783 fails?

Yes, it alternates between the two.  You can suppress that with "-tpdportnum 5783".

>Is there a log somewhere where I can see what is happening in the initiating process?

On client or server (array)?  No logs on the former, other than your standard OS networking logs.

Can you ping the array?

Bjornulf
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dennis

Thank you for your reply. I  the 2550 port opend but still not able to reach the 3par. Yes I am able to ping the different systems and should be able to reach the systems according to the firewall-rules. Must investigate further what can be causing this problem..

Bjørnulf

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>the 2550 port is open but still not able to reach the 3PAR.

As I said, arrays no longer listen to port 2550.  You need to get 5783 working.  Or use ssh access.

What array OS version are you using?  There was an option in some 3.2.1 patch what would disable those ports.