New Discussion юеВ

Re: Question about Peer Persistence

SOLVED
Go to solution
Gribben
Occasional Advisor

Question about Peer Persistence

Hi
In Technical white paper | Implementing vSphere Metro Storage Cluster using HP 3PAR Peer Persistence
on page 4:
All source and target volumes exported from the two 3PAR StoreServ arrays must have the same volume WWN and LUN ID.

In HP 3PAR Remote Copy Software User GuideHP 3PAR OS 3.1.3 it seems we only need to match WWN for Peer Persistence?

3PAR System 01
Host Sets = HS1    <-- Same host sets created on 3PAR System 02
Volume Set = VS1 LUN ID (77-106)

If we RemoteCopy all VVs in VS1 to 3PAR System 02 from 01
Can VS1 on 3PAR System 02 have different LUN ID like 0-37 when i export it to HS1?

Regards

NetApp Admin

4 REPLIES 4
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Yes. The only thing I've seen ESX care about is that the LUN WWN be the same.

However, you might want the LUN numbers from 3PAR System 02 to be the same just for sysadmin sanity in the future. <grin>

Note: While I work for HP, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! "White Star" !

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Gribben
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Got confirmation from our Presales Storage guy. LUN ID should be the same on both sides.

So VVs need to be exported manually on 3PAR 02.

BIZ_WIT

Hi,

In my testing environment, I have to replace the 3Par(7200) soure node that peer persisten with target node 3Par 8200.

But, when I export the stand by vv from 7200(new 3Par) to ESXi host the path of FC auto active. Actually it should be standby.
Could you please advice for this issue?

Any configuration or parameter that I have to clear before exort VV to ESX.

Thx.

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Please post as a new topic.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo