1748194 Members
3808 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Resetting / Formatting 8 x HPE 3PAR 8000 series

Blur_nom
Collector

Resetting / Formatting 8 x HPE 3PAR 8000 series

HI guys. Will need some expertise advice on this topic. I am doing my internship with a company and was tasked to recover / format 8 x HPE 3PAR 8000 series with a singlee Controller Node . How should i go about doing so ?  I was informed that the data on the hardware is no longer required thus there shouldnt be a need for backup etc. 

The second hurdle that i faced is that no one seems to have the logon credientials, how can i achieve this through the console port and what is the cli commands / step to reset the password ? I am very new to this, would appreciate your patience and support. 

4 REPLIES 4
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Re: Resetting / Formatting 8 x HPE 3PAR 8000 series

Hello,

To shutdown the 3PAR system issue the cli command 'shutdownsys halt'. To reboot the system 'shutdownsys reboot'.

If you don't have SSMC (management console) credentials, install fresh SSMC, the 3PAR system to new SSMC. In this process, you get an option to create fresh credentials which you can continue to use.

Regards,

Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

StorageMike
HPE Pro

Do you know any passwords for the 3PAR (3paradm)
You'll need to raise a support call to reset the password. You could try the default password, a quick Google should turn that up.
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

fleuratgovori
Advisor

If you don't have warranty? Would the support assist you in this scenario?

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello,

Warranty is not necessary. If you have an active support contract with HPE, you will get assistance.

Regards,

Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo