HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1753444 Members
4728 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SSMC is sending schedule reports via an OLD SMTP server?

cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

SSMC is sending schedule reports via an OLD SMTP server?

I have some reports which have send me every few days, but recently some of them are failing to send, when i look at the activity in the failed task i get stuff like the below. Please note the bits with * * around them are names i've removed

09-Jun-2021 09:00:49 o'clock BST Created
09-Jun-2021 09:00:49 o'clock BST Start user operation
09-Jun-2021 09:01:05 o'clock BST Fetched report data
09-Jun-2021 09:01:11 o'clock BST Successfully generated reports (MonWedFri-3DayFC_2021-06-09_09-01-05.pdf, MonWedFri-3DayFC_2021-06-09_09-01-05.csv) under "/opt/hpe/ssmc/ssmcbase/data/persist/scheduledreports/" location
09-Jun-2021 09:01:11 o'clock BST Sending report(s) email to *collegue email address*, *my email address* configured by *another collegue* user

09-Jun-2021 09:01:11 o'clock BST Failed: Couldn't connect to host, port: *OLD_SMTP_Server*, 25; timeout -1

Now from what i understand it should use the SMTP as set in the SMTP section of SMTP. But has the new name of the SMTP server and not the one listed above.

I don't know where SSMC is pulling that old SMTP server name from. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: SSMC is sending schedule reports via an OLD SMTP server?

>I don't know where SSMC is pulling that old SMTP server name from. Any ideas?

It could be that SSMC stores/copies the smtp-information when the report-schedule is created. 

Can you create a new report with "schedule email" and check if that one uses the new address?

BTW. What SSMC version are you using ?

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

apol
Frequent Advisor

Are reports really sent from ssmc, or do they come from on-node system reporter and you have to change smtp-settings there?

cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

I agree its pulling the stats from the 3pars SR, but i didn't think an SMTP was set in the 3par? How can i check what the SMTP settings are on the 3par if thats the case?

Also we're now running SSMC 3.8 but i was seeing this issue on 3.7.2 as well. So its not a newly introduced error.

Emails are sent from the SSMC-appliance, yes.

Reports are user-specific. Different users can have different reports, and each user can have his/her own email-settings.

While SSMC uses system-reporter data which would be array-specific and which theoretically could be sent by the array, there are also reports that allows multiple-array comparison, which will defintiely require SSMC.

Hope that helps.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo