HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1748089 Members
4829 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: SSMC is sending schedule reports via an OLD SMTP server?

cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

SSMC is sending schedule reports via an OLD SMTP server?

I have some reports which have send me every few days, but recently some of them are failing to send, when i look at the activity in the failed task i get stuff like the below. Please note the bits with * * around them are names i've removed

09-Jun-2021 09:00:49 o'clock BST Created
09-Jun-2021 09:00:49 o'clock BST Start user operation
09-Jun-2021 09:01:05 o'clock BST Fetched report data
09-Jun-2021 09:01:11 o'clock BST Successfully generated reports (MonWedFri-3DayFC_2021-06-09_09-01-05.pdf, MonWedFri-3DayFC_2021-06-09_09-01-05.csv) under "/opt/hpe/ssmc/ssmcbase/data/persist/scheduledreports/" location
09-Jun-2021 09:01:11 o'clock BST Sending report(s) email to *collegue email address*, *my email address* configured by *another collegue* user

09-Jun-2021 09:01:11 o'clock BST Failed: Couldn't connect to host, port: *OLD_SMTP_Server*, 25; timeout -1

Now from what i understand it should use the SMTP as set in the SMTP section of SMTP. But has the new name of the SMTP server and not the one listed above.

I don't know where SSMC is pulling that old SMTP server name from. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

>I don't know where SSMC is pulling that old SMTP server name from. Any ideas?

It could be that SSMC stores/copies the smtp-information when the report-schedule is created. 

Can you create a new report with "schedule email" and check if that one uses the new address?

BTW. What SSMC version are you using ?

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

apol
Frequent Advisor

Are reports really sent from ssmc, or do they come from on-node system reporter and you have to change smtp-settings there?

cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

I agree its pulling the stats from the 3pars SR, but i didn't think an SMTP was set in the 3par? How can i check what the SMTP settings are on the 3par if thats the case?

Also we're now running SSMC 3.8 but i was seeing this issue on 3.7.2 as well. So its not a newly introduced error.

Emails are sent from the SSMC-appliance, yes.

Reports are user-specific. Different users can have different reports, and each user can have his/her own email-settings.

While SSMC uses system-reporter data which would be array-specific and which theoretically could be sent by the array, there are also reports that allows multiple-array comparison, which will defintiely require SSMC.

Hope that helps.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo