New Discussion юеВ

Re: SSMC timesync

SOLVED
Go to solution
T_1_6
Regular Advisor

SSMC timesync

Hi,

I cannot see anywhere to manuall tell SSMC to use our two internal time servers. SSMC by default seems to use host time.
Am I missing something or is there no way to set the ntp servers in SSMC?

5 REPLIES 5
Dardan
Trusted Contributor

What version of SSMC are you using? The appliance version doesn't have any option to configure NTP settings. However you can set the time statically by logging into your appliance and navigating to option 6 == Configure Date and Time.

3.7 latest.

I was hoping to set NTP in linux but have no permission over the /etc/systemd/timesyncd.conf file!

I would have expected SSMC to get the time off the arrays, but alas, it seems not!

I noticed our SSMC times were WAY out, even with everything else set to ntp on the network, so I must set time manually 100% for SSMC? No workaround?

Thank you for the reply, I thought I was going crazy as all other HPE appliances seem to have ntp settings.

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro
Solution

From the SSMC Administration Guide:
1. Add a valid FQDN, IPv4, or IPv6 address of NTP server for the ssmc.ntp.DnsOrIP property in the /ssmc/conf/security_config.properties file.
2. Escape to general bash shell by pressing X in the TUI.
3. To commit the configuration settings, run the sudo /ssmc/bin/config_security.sh -o configure_ntp -a set command.
4. To restart the NTP service, on the prompt select yes.
5. Verify that the configuration is successful and the service is active and the receiving time synch feeds. Service start messages must appear in /var/log/appliance.log and /var/log/syslog. run the date command from shell to verify that the host time is synchronized with the NTP server time.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

T_1_6
Regular Advisor

Awesome.

Thank you so much! Can it be multiple or only one?

Cannot thank you enough, I could not download the 3.7 administration guide as there is a temporary problem with the HPE site.

rmay_bk
Valued Contributor

In the TUI I'm having a hard time with cursor control along with a few other keyboard mappings.  Same issues on both the local console and over ssh.   What terminal type should I be using?