1753338 Members
5217 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Total SSD Raw space usage 98% full

FeFuller
Visitor

Total SSD Raw space usage 98% full

I'm facing this alarm con my 3Par Storage Serv 8200. 

Total SSD raw space usage at 3533G (above 95% of total 3710G)  

I don't know how or why the SSD's became full, but I need to understand how to make available space for these disks. On this storage we have several LUNS presented to VMWare hosts. 

There is a CPG created for SSD disk but there are 0 volumes on it, I don't know why are the disks near full.

I'll appreciate your help.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Total SSD Raw space usage 98% full

You must have Adaptive Optimization (AO) configured and due to that data got distributed among different tiers. In order to check the same you can check,

showaocfg

showvvcpg

You can also check below command to understand how much space getting used for that CPG,

showspace -cpg <CPG_name>

After you identify what all VV data regions is stored in SSD tier, you can use tunevv to move those data regions from SSD CPG to FC or NL CPG as per your requirement. At this time you need to suspend AO schedule.

tunevv usr_cpg <Destination_CPG_name> -src_cpg <Source_CPG_name> <VV_name>

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
FeFuller
Visitor

Hello Subhajit, thanks for your reply. What do I need to run these commands? I only know the web administration console for 3Par. 

Yes, I checked on the web console and Adaptive Optimization is enabled. Once it moves data to a higher tier, how does it get back?

Thanks!

Yes you can run these commands from 3PAR Command Line or 3PAR CLI software exclusively or you can also use putty.exe software and SSH to 3PAR.

Data region movement happened automatically based on the usage pattern and AO configuration.

If you find any particular tier usage is high then you can to move some particular VV data from high tier to low tier and for that use tunevv command as shown earlier.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo