HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1753379 Members
5514 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Unable to perform HPE 3PAR VSS Hardware Provider Installation for Off-Host Proxy Purpose

SOLVED
Go to solution
Angelok1987
Frequent Visitor

Unable to perform HPE 3PAR VSS Hardware Provider Installation for Off-Host Proxy Purpose

Hello Community,

We are deploying Veeam Backup & Replication v10 to Backup our VMs hosted in 10 Hyper-V 2016 hosts. All the 10 Hyper-V hosts are connected to an HPE 3PAR storage system via 2 redundants switches.

Since we have Hyper-V hosts, We want to deploy 2 Off-Host Proxies and we need to install HPE 3PAR VSS Hardware Provider on all the 10 hyper-V hosts and on the 2 Off-Host Proxies.

We have downloaded (from HPE Website) the HPE 3PAR VSS Hardware Provider (HPE_3PAR_Primera_VSS_Hardware_Provider_Software_2.7.4_TE223-11008). The release date of this software is March 15, 2021.

When I try to install the software on one of the 2 Off-Host Proxies, the installation starts, displays a window where I am invited to type the System Name,  The Username and The Password for the HPE 3PAR System. When I provide all these informations, I get this error message "Failed to run InformCLI command to create password file. The system cannot find the file specified C:\Users\xxxx\.hp3par".

Anybody already faces this issue ? How can I fix this ?

Please find Below some details related to the HPE 3PAR System and the VSS Hardware Provider :

- Version of the VSS Hardware Provider : 2.7.4

- Version of the HPE 3PAR System Software :

Release version 3.2.2 (MU3)
Patches: P41

Component Name Version
CLI Server 3.2.2 (MU3)
CLI Client 3.2.2
System Manager 3.2.2 (P41)
Kernel 3.2.2 (MU3)
TPD Kernel Code 3.2.2 (MU3)
TPD Kernel Patch 3.2.2 (P41)

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7
apol
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Re: Unable to perform HPE 3PAR VSS Hardware Provider Installation for Off-Host Proxy Purpose

Did you check requirements in the manual? I believe the VSS provider needs a local installation of the 3par cli.

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Re: Unable to perform HPE 3PAR VSS Hardware Provider Installation for Off-Host Proxy Purpose

Hello @Angelok1987,

Please check you have everything in place mentioned in 'requirements' and 'issues and suggested actions' section of this document - https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00112053en_us&page=v16088304.html

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Angelok1987
Frequent Visitor

Hello Apol,

I did not install the HPE 3PAR CLI; I will do this and keep you informed if this has solved the issue.

Thanks

Angelok1987
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Sbhat09. I will make you a feedback

Angelok1987
Frequent Visitor

Hello Apol,

I installed HPE 3PAR CLI and after that the installation of VSS Hardware Provider was successfull.

Thanks a lot.

WebMarketer3

Thanks for asking this question. Had a similar issue that I'm trying to solve currently.

Moshe_Mazor

Hi,

From where i can download the VSS Hardware Provider ?