Re: Update 3PAR

SOLVED
Go to solution
Pogreb
Advisor

Update 3PAR

Hi!

I am updating 3PAR 8200
Current software version: 3.3.1.410 (MU2) + P32, P34, P36, P39, P40, P45, P51, P52, P76, P90, P93, P96, P111, P113, P115, P127
I am trying to install patch 142 and I get a warning
This patch requires that the Upgrade Tool version currently be at U032 or higher.

I downloaded the new version of Upgrade Tool 038
How do I install the new version of Upgrade Tool 038

12 REPLIES 12
Anjum_IK
HPE Pro

Hi Pogreb,

When connected with HPE InfoSight, the latest version of the HPE 3PAR Upgrade Tool is automatically downloaded and
installed. Without HPE InfoSight, you must manually download the latest version of the HPE 3PAR Upgrade Tool and load
it using the HPE 3PAR GUI on the System/Software page. The Upgrade Tool will be used when installing the next update,
quality pack, or full HPE 3PAR OS release. It will also be used to unstage revoked update packages and revoked OS release
packages.

I work for HPE

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Pogreb
Advisor

ed5.JPG

Pogreb
Advisor

And point to the iso file Upgrade Tool ?

Anjum_IK
HPE Pro

yes , you can then point it to the ISO File.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Pogreb
Advisor

I'm sorry, but please clarify.
I need to go to the Service Console - Systems - Action - Update HPE 3PAR OS and select my iso file - HPE_3PAR_SW_Upgrade_Tool_U038_QR482-11581.iso ?

Anjum_IK
HPE Pro

Hi  Pogreb,

Below is the Procedure: 

1. Log in to the Service Console.
2. Open the Service Console main menu and select Systems. Only one available storage system is displayed in the list.
3. Select the storage system. An overview of the storage system is displayed.
4. On the Actions menu, select Update HPE 3PAR OS. The Update window appears.
5. Load the Upgrade tool. Always load the Upgrade tool for both patch and non-patch updates. If the Upgrade tool
package is not listed in the Available update package(s) list, from the Select Update view, of the Update dialog,
select Load a different update package. Then select one of the following options:
тАв ISO imageтАФEither drag or drop the image file in the file drop box or select Choose File to browse the local system
for the file. When the file appears in the box, click Start upload.

For all options, once selected, the software package is displayed as the default in Available update package(s).

NOTE: At this point, you have only loaded the Upgrade tool. Selecting the Run Checks option during the update of the
HPE 3PAR OS will automatically install the Upgrade tool.

Hope this helps!

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Pogreb
Advisor

Thanks for the answer

thanks for the answer
I point to the iso upgrade tool and I get a change to P142

ed9.JPGed12.JPG

Pogreb
Advisor

Guess you are missing the required patches?