New Discussion

Upgrade fails no authority

SOLVED
Go to solution
3parbaddie
Occasional Contributor

Upgrade fails no authority

found a few threads on this and i'm running into the same issue:

https://community.hpe.com/t5/HPE-3PAR-StoreServ-Storage/3PAR7200-firmware-upgrade/m-p/7140536#M6740

its a 3PAR7200 i'm on OS-3.2.2.612-P150 trying to go to 3.3.1.410-MU2 i've staged the install and when i try to run it I get "You do not have the authority to perform the update. Contact HPE support for assistance." currently logged in as hpepartner and it gives me this error

7 REPLIES 7
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Re: Upgrade fails no authority

Hello @3parbaddie,

Have you successfully upgraded OS with the same hpepartner credentials anytime before?

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of HPE.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Cali
Honored Contributor

Hi,

it's a difficult way to proceed.

You should buy HPE Service for this Mayor Update:

⦁ HM002A1            HPE Firmware Update Implementation Service for 3PAR/Primera (Remote)
⦁ HM9R6A1            HPE Firmware Update Implementation Service for 3PAR/Primera (ONSITE)

You need special Patches (only P150 is not enough), SP Version 4.5, and the latest Update Tool.

Better to stay on 3.2.2 MU6 + all Patches, this is good enough.
As it is a 7200, I think it is out of Support and you have a good chance to brick it with the Update.
But you can Install SP 5.x if you like.

I do maintenance for almost one hundred 3PAR systems, but I wouldn't update a 7200 to 3.3.1. Especially not, if you no longer have any maintenance.

My opinion about it.

Cali

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
veeyarvi
HPE Pro

Hi 3parbaddie,

The hpepartner has no privilege for this specific upgrade activity (self-upgrade is not supported mostly because you are trying to install 3.3.1 on 7000 array).

If you are on SP version 5.x you need to use 'hpesupport' credentials for upgrade. 

Regards,

Veeyaarvi

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
3parbaddie
Occasional Contributor

I'll try with the 3.2.2 MU6 upgrade again but I get the same error that i'm not authorized i'm on the latest SP 5.0.9 and the latest upgrade tools are installed

I'm using this ISO just making sure thats the right file it says its a maintanence update:

3PAR_INFORM_OS_RELEASE_3.2.2_MU6_SW_QR482-11286.iso

HPE 3PAR Operating System
HPE_3PAR_OS
Version: 3.2.2 MU6
Release Date: Nov 10, 2017
Severity Type: Maintenance Update

Screenshot 2021-11-12 083152.png

veeyarvi
HPE Pro

Hi 3parbaddie,

For the SP 5.x version, you need to obtain the hpesupport credentials for the upgrade. 

Regards, 

Veeyaarvi

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
3parbaddie
Occasional Contributor

I see that in there documentation now, and you have to choose time-based or encrypted passwords on that account and reach out to HPE support for it. If you dont have a support contract its not possible to do the upgrade correct?

Cali
Honored Contributor
Solution

If you have no Support you have no right to Download and Install the Update.

Cali

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.