1753472 Members
4679 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Used space

RiclyLeRoy
Frequent Advisor

Used space

I have 3par 8200 where there are only thin dedup virtual volumes on cpg having the same characteristics.

I need to know the available space (not raw) which I can use for my data, regardless of raid level, and the used space (not raw) which is written on disk because so that I can know net total space too.

Thin, Dedup represent hard concepts which  complicate evaluate net used and free disk space.

4 REPLIES 4
yapkl
Trusted Contributor

What is the detailed config of your 3PAR? How many disks? Enclosures? HA Cage or HA Mag? What RAID layouts are you using now? Need more info to figure out in detail. On high level, look at the showsys -space output to see how much is consumed by CPG, and how much free space is available.

https://www.hpe.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/4AA3-8987ENW.pdf (page 32)

If your 3PAR is calling home, you could also reach out to your local HPE contacts to get details from the callhome info or even check it out yourself at https://www.storefrontremote.com to generate a nice PDF showing you the capacities/usage.

Best Regards,

yapkl

Note: The opinions & comments above are my personal opinions, not of Hewlett Packard Enterprise
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! thumb below! Thanks.
RiclyLeRoy
Frequent Advisor

My 3par configuration has n.1 cage with n.8 ssd 1.8 TB disks where there are 2 only cpg: 'DB' and 'APP' besides default 'ssd_r1', 'ssd_r5', 'ssd_r6' cpg.

APP and DB are equivalent infact both contain all n. 8 disks

• raid 5:
  • step size: 64 KB
  • step size: 3 data 1 parity
  • growth increment: 8 GB
  1. APP cpg contains n.6 Thinly Deduped virtual volumes of each 2 TB
  2. DB cpg contains n.1 Thinly Deduped virtual volume of 2 TB

APP virtual volumes contain application Virtual machines while DB virtual volumes contain database Virtual machines.

APP and DB are different for output type.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Used space in CPG

showcpg has various options for listing space in a CPG.

yapkl
Trusted Contributor

Hi RiclyLeRoy,

You mentioned 1.8TB - there is no SSD of that size in 3PAR. Are you refering to 1.92TB SSD or 1.8TB SAS? Do you have the output for showcpg and showvv -s?

Best Regards,

yapkl

Note: The opinions & comments above are my personal opinions, not of Hewlett Packard Enterprise
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! thumb below! Thanks.