1752562 Members
4647 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Where and how to generate config file for HPE 3par 8200

Yaboto
Super Advisor

Where and how to generate config file for HPE 3par 8200

I want to generate a full config file for my hpe 3par 8200, to be used as documentation and also to be served as a backup that can be uploaded later to restore config into original just in case...

Can somebody please help me?

4 REPLIES 4
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Where and how to generate config file for HPE 3PAR 8200

You can of course do a whole bunch of show command to get the configuration.  But there is no tool to read that info and put it back.

Note: If you have a SP connected and it can callhome, this configuration info is automatically uploaded to HPE.

InfoSight and StoreFront Remote may also let you see this info.

Cali
Honored Contributor

Look here:

https://d8tadude.com/2018/02/07/creating-a-3par-document-bundle/

The Config is saved on the SP and transfered to HPE (If Call Home is enabled).

I don't have a way if your SP is on Version 5.x to extract the config, but it is also there.

And StoreVista is no longer working.

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

The StoreVista Report Requestor system was being moved. Go to http://storevista.3partools.com/.
NOTE: The 3PAR system's Service Processor must be configured to "Call Home".

For instructions, click on the Download menu and read "Instructions for adding Authorised Recipients".

As far as I know, it may take a day or two once you have followed the above instructions before the authorised recipients list filters through the SP, gets "sent home" and propagates over to the StoreVista Report Requestor.

[Moderator edit: The above link is no longer valid.]

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

@Yaboto wrote:

I want to generate a full config file ... to restore config into original just in case...

Don't forget to verify your backups so you have something to restore into the configuration! :)

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo