HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1752465 Members
5720 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Why is HPE software so rubbish? I have had enough of how bad it is. virtual Service processor

T_1_6
Regular Advisor

Why is HPE software so rubbish? I have had enough of how bad it is. virtual Service processor

We have some vSP's in our environment.

Randomly they just screw up on their own and stop working. Web interfaces refuse to connect/load, with "connection Refused" when you try and access via the broswer.

Sometimes a reboot fixes, but most of the time they are broken. They are running the lastest 5.0.8.1 release.

It is just so tedious now with all these HPE things not working, the standards are SO BAD for all these virtual appliances. We pay thousands and thousands a year for HPE "support" only to have this garbage software go wrong ALL THE TIME.

HPE's answer is to redeploy all the vSP's from scratch again.. LOL., why should I?!!? We PAY enough to NOT have to do this.

HPE please sort out your products, this stuff is absolute garbage, and we will never, ever use HPE again for anything, as the level of babying, administration, bugs, fixing bugs, getting the most simple of things to work is a full time job in itself. It is a sick joke that this stuff is labelled as enterprise.

The last straw for me is that we have no working virtual service processors, and I CANNOT EVEN DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE NOW from the portal, despite paying thousands annually for "support" and proactive care etc.

I cannot sustain this level of sheer ineptitude any more, HPE, you really really should be ashamed of the support you are giving to paying customers. Enough is enough.

5 REPLIES 5
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Re: Why is HPE software so rubbish? I have had enough of how bad it is. virtual Service processor

Hello @T_1_6,

Can you please private message me your contact details. I will assist you regarding the issues you are facing with HPE 3PAR.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Neilmill

Re: Why is HPE software so rubbish? I have had enough of how bad it is. virtual Service pr

Why do you have to PM the users that complain about things not working? Surely it would be helpful to us all if we could see why this software is not working and what the fix is. Personally, I struggle to get anything from the HPE support site, pages that don't open, etc. So far today I have spent 2 hours trying to download HP SSA and have only just acquired it. 2 bloody wasted hours. Your site sucks. 

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Re: Why is HPE software so rubbish? I have had enough of how bad it is. virtual Service pr

Hello @Neilmill,

I had to contact Mr.@T_1_6 over PM because we had to exchange details like array serial number, IP address, personal contact etc which can't be shared in this public forum.

Mr.@T_1_6 had some gap in understanding as HPE lately moved to entitlement based software availability. He was facing an issue with VSP as well due to resource crunch. I helped him on screenshare to redeploy the VSP which I guess working fine (he never got back to later on email/PM)

PM was requested to provide personalised, robust support. HPE is always committed to provide best of customer support. Some gap in understanding and factors outside our knowledge has caused Mr @T_1_6 some issues. That was addressed over the phone call and screenshare session.

If you are facing any difficulty, please provide more details so that we can extend our support. Please feel free to PM as well.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of HPE.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Dan Crossman
Advisor

Couldn't have said it better myself.   Sick of HPEs crappy software and their hardware is going downhill too.

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @T_1_6,

When I tried to assist you, you stopped responding.

When I followed up with you about what was the status, you never responded.

I wonder you making this statement here now! Rather, you could provide details about what is the current issue? and what assistance are you looking for?

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo