108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: createcpg -rs

SOLVED
Go to solution
J-Philippe
Regular Advisor

createcpg -rs

Hi, can you explain what is the purpose of the -rs switch when creating a cpg ?

Despite the help explaination I don't understand the meaning of that option.

-ssz and -ss are ok for me.

Thanks for your help.

Jean-Philippe 

3 REPLIES 3
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro
Solution

Row size: The row size determines the level of additional striping across more drives. For example, a RAID 5 LD with a row size of 2 and set size of 4 is effectively striped across 8 drives.
See the HPE 3PAR StoreServ Architecture technical paper (4AA3-3516ENW).

And something I picked up from a 3PAR engineer waaaay back: "Just because there is a knob or switch does not mean it's a Good Idea to fiddle with the default setting." <smile>
Don't bother changing it, like a lot of the options, let the system use its default value.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

J-Philippe
Regular Advisor

Hi Sheldon, for sure, was just tu fully understand. The system know better what is the best most of time

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Cool. And a note to any and all that happen to come by these notes: The 3PAR developers have spent a lot of time looking at the data sent in over the years by the Service Processors. The various defaults on the options throughout the system have been tuned to provide optimal use.

To any and all: When in doubt, use the default.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo