delete all the data (wipe) on HPE 3par 8440

hi any body know how to wip all data on StoreSrv 8440 

i have one system and i want to delete this and create new one

plz help

2 REPLIES 2
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: delete all the data (wipe) on HPE 3par 8440

It depends. If you don't need any of the existing configuration, you could log in to the console and do what's called "put it back in the box" and then "take it back out again". This requires a userename and password not typically given out to the field.

On the other hand, will you be using any of the current hosts?

It will be simpler and definitely faster just to delete all the VLUNs, then all the Virtual Volumes. Deleting the virtual volumes will automatically cause the used chunklets to re-initialize (get wiped). The command line interface would be Very Helpful here: For example, the command "removevlun -f -pat *" will go a long ways toward deleting all the VLUNs. Likewise, "removevv -f -pat *" will work on the volumes themselves. See the HPE 3PAR OS Command Line Interface Reference and HPE 3PAR Command Line Interface Administrator's Manual .

While the chunklets initialize, start creating your new Thin volumes. (The chunklets will take some time to initialize no matter what.) You will probably have sufficient space to get started, and while you are setting up the new volumes, the old (dirty) chunklets will still be busily getting wiped and ready for the new round of use.
Even if you are deleting all the hosts, you still need the CPGs.
"Back in the box" / "out of the box" will not be any faster in getting the chunklets initialized: Back in and out again will initialize all the chunklets whether they need it or not. Presumably you still have some free space (read: already initialized chunklets).

Regardless of how you decide to proceed, HPE Pointnext consulting can help you with getting the system ready for its next use.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

BlackRoze
Occasional Advisor

Re: delete all the data (wipe) on HPE 3par 8440

tnx for reply

my storesrv model is 8440 and the os 3.2.2  the defualt console password is no work ! is that correrct ?

i call to my hpe support ?