4617 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

in ssmc 3 exporting reports to pdf fails

agoeres
Occasional Collector

in ssmc 3 exporting reports to pdf fails

Hi everybody,

I just ran into a problem when trying to export a 3par-report to a pdf. This action fails with the helpful message::

Export Report Task Failed. Failed: Unable to export Report.

I have no idea where to start looking for a solution. The SSMC is running on a Windows 2012 R2.

Did anbody here experience a similar problem and even possibly might have a solution. Or prhps some hints?

regards

alexander

5 REPLIES 5
yapkl
Trusted Contributor

Re: in ssmc 3 exporting reports to pdf fails

Try checking the SSMC logfiles and see if there are any hints or errors?

Page 44

http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=5044394&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c05335260

Best Regards,

yapkl

Note: The opinions & comments above are my personal opinions, not of Hewlett Packard Enterprise
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! thumb below! Thanks.
stomko
Occasional Contributor

Hi

I have the same problem. Export to pdf succeeded with 2.x but not after upgrade to 3. Log files didn't help.

Br,

-Stomko

Gary-C
Frequent Visitor

Hi Alexander,

I ran into the exact same issue when upgrading from version 2.4 to 3.0.

I investigated and went through the ssmc.log file to discover that SR was trying to create the report (pdf or csv) in a folder that doesn't exist. It seems the upgrade did not point to the previous versions' folders.

To fix this, I just manually created the folowing folder and exporting reports worked again:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\SSMC\ssmcbase\data\persist\scheduledreports

Try it and I Hope this fixes your issues, as well as anyone else that might be struggling.

*** Update - This generates the report in the above folder, but IE cannot open the saved pdf file. I am still investigating this.

Cheers,

Gary Chiorsi

guillaume_F
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

We got the issue too, it's because upgrade changed paths from HP to HPE, but forgot to change things in code I guess :D

ERROR DynamicReportsGenerator:36 - Directory path C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\SSMC\ssmcbase/data\persist\scheduledreports\...

So I created a link, because maybe other modules got bugged since upgrade too :

c:

cd "c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\SSMC"

mklink /D ssmcbase "C:\Program Files\Hewlett Packard Enterprise\SSMC\ssmcbase"

Now working, the file is generated, but no download is launched :( I guess I have to download it manually ...

Thanks for the info about the path

EDIT : Download not started because of popup blocker :D

stomko
Occasional Contributor

Updating to 3.1 also fixed this issue.