New Discussion юеВ

Re: monitoring space of the 3par

SOLVED
Go to solution
francisco82
Advisor

monitoring space of the 3par

hi Comunity happy new year..

Does anyone have any process in the SSMC or any example script to check the storage space when it reaches 80 or 90%?

Regards...

4 REPLIES 4
StorageMike
HPE Pro

Hi

Do you mean the total capacity of the array or an individual VV/CPG?

For a VV you can use setvv -usr_aw <size> <VV_name>

For CPG you can use set_cpg -sdgw <size>[g|G|t|T]

You can also use system reporter to generate alerts on uses system space. Look at the 3PAR CLI guide for the correct commands. The command in question is setsralertcrit

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

francisco82
Advisor

hi Mike,

I basically need to know when the SSD, FC or NL disks are at 80% used space, the 3par , does the storage have any process to create alerts for this type of space events?

and thank for you answer.

StorageMike
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi

Yes, setsralertcrit can be used to do this, you can set alerts on logical disks and physical disk

Also take a look at the following technical paper , there is a section on Threshold Alerts https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/V2/GetPDF.aspx/a00038501enw.pdf (page 24)

and here https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-a00085217en_us (page 124)

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

In addition, by default, the system generates alerts at 50%, 75%, 85% and 95%, monitoring the FC, NL and SSD free pools separately.
You can override by setting the RawSpaceAlert{type} to a specific free space threshold measured in GiB: "setsys RawSpaceAlert{type} <value>".
You can check the current settings using "showsys -param".
You can reset to the default using "setsys RawSpaceAlert{type} 0".

See the HPE 3PAR Command Line Interface reference guide for details.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo