HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1753258 Members
5378 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: srdata and admin vv failed, multiple pd failed, host can't see several luns which state are norm

louisji2008
Regular Advisor

srdata and admin vv failed, multiple pd failed, host can't see several luns which state are normal.

Hi,
A 3PAR 's srdata and admin vv are failed, and in preserved state.
There are 3 PD failed.
But all VVs state are normal.
There are 2 hosts which used to have multiple VVs mapping to them. Now they cannot recognize all the LUNs as before.
Is this problem caused by the abnormal admin vv?
I learned the admin vv contains metada of the storage system. And it is triple mirrored. srdata is just used for system report.
How to recover srdata and admin VV?
Should I replace the failed PD at first?

How time flies~~~
6 REPLIES 6
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Re: srdata and admin vv failed, multiple pd failed, host can't see several luns which state are norm

Hi Louis,

Yes. Please replace the failed PDs first and admit them. As srdata and admin VVs are in preserved state, they must be recovered.

Yes. You are right. srdata VV is responsible for system reports and admin VV is responsible for system metadata and system admin data.

I think the current status of admin VV is due to failed PDs. Please let us know the status after replacing and admitting failed PDs.

Regards,

Srinivas Bhat

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

louisji2008
Regular Advisor

Srinivasя╝М
Thank you!
Could you give me some comments about the following question:
But all VVs state are normal except the srdata and admin vv.
There are 2 hosts which used to have multiple VVs mapping to them. Now they cannot recognize all the LUNs as before.
Is this problem caused by the abnormal admin vv?
Will re-export the vvset to the host resolve the problem?

How time flies~~~
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hi Louis,

Degraded admin VV affects system admin data. It requires log analysis to comment on specific root cause or will re-exporting the VVset fix the issue.

Regards,

Srinivas Bhat

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

louisji2008
Regular Advisor

Srinivas,
Thanks again.
I will update the result later.

How time flies~~~
Abdalla1988
Occasional Advisor

Re: srdata and admin vv failed, multiple pd failed, host can't see several luns which stat

Any news? I have a similar issue. Your updatae is highly required and appreciated. 

Sunitha_Mod

Re: srdata and admin vv failed, multiple pd failed, host can't see several luns which stat

Hello @Abdalla1988,

Thank you for posting! Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, I would recommend you create a new topic using the create "New Discussion" button, so the experts can check and guide you further. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo