4368 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

using 3PAR 7200c for Oracle

kkpro
Regular Advisor

using 3PAR 7200c for Oracle

Hi,

We're planning to migrate our Oracle 11gR2 DB from legacy disk system to 3PAR. Are there any guidances or best practices, how to use 3PAR for Oracle, from HP or in fact doesn't matter ?

3 REPLIES 3
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: using 3PAR 7200c for Oracle

Things are very different using the 3PAR wide-striping. And much easier. Do not even think about attempting to segregate physical disks. You can still have RAID1(+0) for the write logs and RAID5(+0) for all the data.

There are several technical white papers you can find by searching for their document number:

• HPE 3PAR StoreServ Architecture, 4AA3-3516ENW
  • HPE 3PAR Thin Technologies, 4AA3-8987ENW
  • HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage best practices guide, 4AA4-4524ENW
  • Best practices for Oracle and HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage, 4AA4-4519ENW

Note: While I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! thumb below!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

kkpro
Regular Advisor

Hello.

Did some research about this topic last weeks. Seems to be that HP deleted for some reasons the document you mention:

"Best practices for Oracle and HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage, 4AA4-4519ENW".

Anyway, I'd like to see something like Dell had:
http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/solutions/11gr1_ee_rac_on_rhel5_1__and_OEL.pdf

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Things are sometimes, shall we say, mislaid post-split. Hoping the attach of the white paper works.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo