108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

would remote copy links stopping cause hosts to fail

SOLVED
Go to solution
cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

would remote copy links stopping cause hosts to fail

we did a change on our network last night which we knew would take the remote copy links for about 20 mins, which we were happy with. But we noticed during this change that the Hyper-V hosts all rebooted. Now i wasn't sure if this was because they were on sync rep, when it loses the link, does the host wait for the acknowledgement from the 2nd 3par before resolving the IO?

Or does it just make a note of teh delta changes and once remote copy link is established then copy the changes?

any advise greatly apreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: would remote copy links stopping cause hosts to fail

In a synchronous environment, after 10 seconds, the system marks the sending links as Down. After another 10 seconds, the system marks the targets as failed. (HP 3PAR Remote Copy Software User's Guide)

The primary will make virtual copies of volumes in the Remote Copy group and use them to resynch when the secondary targets are back up. (Which is why even synchronous volumes need Copy CPGs.)

Note: While I work for HP, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! "White Star" !

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

Re: would remote copy links stopping cause hosts to fail

Thanks for that sheldon