HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1753297 Members
6428 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

100 BT Lan cards (A3495A) using crossover cable ??

SOLVED
Go to solution
Susan Clow

100 BT Lan cards (A3495A) using crossover cable ??

Hi,
I have 2 X 260's, running HPUX 10.20 that have 1 x 10 bt card & 1 x 100bt card installed in each server. The 100's are configured as half duplex & are on a private subnet.
Can anyone advise if you can use a cross over cable between the 2 X K260 servers with HP-PB 100 bt Lan cards. I have the understanding that this is not possible because the servers are looking for "life" at the end of the lan card when its being configured at each boot time.

TIA

Suze
4 REPLIES 4
V.Tamilvanan
Honored Contributor

Re: 100 BT Lan cards (A3495A) using crossover cable ??

Hi,
I think it is possible as long as you have connected both end of the cross over cable to the servers Lan card inspite of the server status.
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi there.
We have a cluster of two N4000 connected with crossover cables for the heartbeat and for backup reasons.
It should work.
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
Bernhard Mueller
Honored Contributor

Susan,

this should work but I guess you need patch PHNE_27079.

You might also consider using a a mini hub instead of a crossover cable, this is recommended (although not necessary) if you use this as a heartbeat connection in an MC/SG cluster.

Regards,
Bernhard
Susan Clow

Thanks for the answers everyone, I think I will stick with having the switch in middle. It is my intention to use the 100bt dedicated link for data traffic between an Apps & Db server, rather than for recovery reasons..
Thanks again.