Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question about rp7410

Wang,MinJie
Super Advisor

A question about rp7410

Hey all
I have an rp7410 base and I have to test a cell board.
So where can I found the documents about rp7410 to tell me how to install cell board onto the base and how to use it
Can you give me the link?
Thank you
4 REPLIES 4
spex
Honored Contributor

Re: A question about rp7410

Wang,MinJie
Super Advisor

Hey spex
the thread you give me is expired
All the links in it I can't access
So give me other ideas please
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

try here:
http://docs.hp.com/en/hw.html#HP%209000%20rp7405/rp7410%20Server
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Prashanth.D.S
Honored Contributor

Hi MinJie,

Here is your Cell board removal Procedure..

Note: If replacing the cell board with a new cell board, the ESD work surface must be large enough to hold both cell boards.

Before You Begin: Shut down HP-UX on the partition containing the cell board, power down the cell board using the MP command menu PE command, and remove the right-side cover.

WARNING: Do not attempt to remove a cell board while its partition is active or power is applied to the cell board. Serious system damage will result with possible data loss.

Verify that the green power LED, located on either the left or right-hand side of the cell board, is OFF before attempting to remove the cell board.
Unlock both extraction levers by pressing on the lever and moving the slide to the UNLOCKED position.
Note: Cell Board extraction levers and lock mechanisms may differ slightly from those pictured here. The procedure to unlock the extraction levers should be similar.

Simultaneously pull out on both extraction levers to unseat the cell board.
WARNING: A fully loaded cell board weighs over 27 lb. (or over 12 kg). Use care during removal.

WARNING: During operation, cell boards become very hot. Use care during removal.

Slide the cell board from the chassis.
Place the cell board on the ESD work surface to remove and replace cell board FRUs as necessary.
Cell board replacement

Insert the cell board into the guide rails.
Unlock and fully open both extraction levers on the cell board.
Slide the cell board into the chassis until the cell board extraction levers contact the cell board guide rails.
Using equal pressure, simultaneously press both extraction levers to fully seat the cell board in the chassis.
Lock both extraction levers by pressing on the lever and moving the slide to the LOCKED position.
Note: If either extraction lever remains unlocked, the cell board will not power up.

Check the cell board status using the MP command menu DE command.

Best Regards,
Prashanth