108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: A6144B 750mhz dip switch settings

SOLVED
Go to solution
timmy b.
Honored Contributor

The A6805-04001 are for the L3000. HP has different part numbers related to new products versus "replacement" parts. I'm more interested in the cpus matching, exactly, what is printed on them.

I have not seen an L do what yours is doing, and am very interested in the outcome.

Tim
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand Binary, and those who don't.
timmy b.
Honored Contributor

By the way, FYI, when I look up the part number you gave, here is what I get:

Part Number Description
A6805-04001 rp54xx 750MHz CPU SEE A6805-69001
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand Binary, and those who don't.
Dane Van Steenwyk
Frequent Advisor

Hey Timmy,

It looks like I have procs with different Cversions. The ones with Cversion 2.3 are working and the ones with Cversion 2.2 are give me the incompatible mix error. What is this Cversion?? Is that the processor firmware?? Let me know if you get the error message.
Dane Van Steenwyk
Frequent Advisor

I forgot to add that the part #'s I gave you were straight off the caps on the procs.
timmy b.
Honored Contributor

Ok, I got the boot messages you posted.

First, the Cversion is only a minor revision change within the cpu itself and is NOT a issue in your case.

Please do an IN PR command, that's Information Processor. Post the results.

Was this box previously running different speed cpus? If so, you probably have an incorrect model string.
Dane Van Steenwyk
Frequent Advisor

Here's my IN PR results.
The box did have 550's in it when it arrived. I also checked PN in the Service Menu and comes up as A6144B. The only thing that is wierd is that when I put the Cversion 2.3 one in by itself it works and no error messages. But the minute I put in the Cversion 2.2 it gives me that error. Thanks for your help by the way.
Dane Van Steenwyk
Frequent Advisor

Another thing to keep in mind is that I tried these same procs in an A6797B and same error is showing up. I'm so confused. Been messing with this for 2 days now.
Dane Van Steenwyk
Frequent Advisor

Hey Timmy,
Just to let ya know I just put some A6152A's(875mhz) in the A6144B and it works fine. Obviously I switched the dip switch settings but other than that changed nothing and it worked! Must not be the model/string then right??
timmy b.
Honored Contributor

Sorry for the delay, I had to get some sleep.

Ok, not the model string. I see by the IN PR that the model string is already set to -7X, which is the 750mhz cpu.

So, The problem is centered around at least one the v2.2 procs, and it looks like you have at least two of them by the last attachment, plus an indeterminate number of v2.3 cpus.

It's possible that you have one bad v2.2, but not having been there while you were moving them around, I can't be certain of that. Does the problem occur when you have only v2.2 cpus installed, or only if you mix v2.2 and v2.3?

Try booting with only a pair of the v2.2 installed, no v2.3. What happens?

Do you have more than one v2.3? If so, try booting with just a pair of them, this should not be a problem since you've already used 550s and 875s. But then add ONE of the v2.2s. If this setup fails, remove the v2.2 and try the other. I'm hoping that you find one bad v2.2. Let me know what happens.
Dane Van Steenwyk
Frequent Advisor

I have Qty.13 V2.2's and Qty.1 V2.3. I try the V2.3 alone and it works. I also tried the V2.2's one by one and all 13 give me the same error. It has to be a problem with the Cversion. Maybe the procs were for an N-class and someone swithced the caps. Do you know if there is a way to update the Cversion??