108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

A6913A

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

A6913A

I have seen a couple of A6913A cell boards come in with out the metal plate that goes over the cpu's.Is this something new HP is doing?It has the skinny metal plate down each side it is missing the peice that covers the cpu's.Has anyone come across this?

Thanks for your help.
Jon
3 REPLIES 3
Joshua Scott
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: A6913A

Jon,

I've seen this once on the A6913A cell board. I have extra covers, since the cells come with both itanium and pa-risc covers, so I usually put one of the full size covers on there anyway. The cell I got this way was used, so I'm not sure if this is an older or newer design. However, I have gotten some new from HP fairly recently and they all seem to have the cover that I am used to (the full cover).

Josh
What are the chances...
timmy b.
Honored Contributor

A decision was made to not require the full cover for those cpus that have a protected, or fully enclosed, fan. Think PA8800, Madison, Mad9M. The cpus without fully enclosed fans will continue to require the full cover.

The two new pieces are called baffles, and cover the VRMs. One of them also acts as the door opener for the air dam at the rear of the Cell board location.

Part numbers are AB388-00002 and AB388-00003.

Good Luck - Tim
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand Binary, and those who don't.
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

Thank you for your help.

Jon