6138 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Adding LW hard disk to K220

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alex F. Gendrano

Adding LW hard disk to K220

Currently we have Seagate 'WD' models installed on our K220. Unfortunately these models are no longer being produced by Seagate.

Can I replace all my WD disks with LW Seagate models? Can I use the LVW (low voltage) drives without replacing the SCSI controller?

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Hi Alex,

No, the LVD drives are not compatible; however,
drives for these machines are readily available on the used HP equipment market at very reasonable prices.

Regards, Clay
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Alex F. Gendrano

If the LVD is incompatible with the FWD controller of the K220, can I use an LVD to HVD SCSI converters (such as the LVD-HVD converter from Paralan).

HP dealer in the Philippines are selling me an HP hard disk for the K220 for the equivalent of $3,000 for 18GB, which I find quite steep.

I really don't want to use the HVD disks available at used HP resellers, our company is in the Philippines and access to these resellers are quite logistically difficult.
Tony Bacon
Frequent Advisor

Hello Alex,

We are leading providers of Quality, refurbished hardware from HP, and I can say that Mr. Stephenson is right, there are plenty of these drives available right here. Feel free to let me know if you would like a quote, and I should be able to give you credit for the Seagate Drives that you have. Talk to you soon and hope your week is going well!

Tony Bacon
713-590-6673
tbacon@epicsyscorp.com
Curt Thompson
Respected Contributor

Hello Alex,

Yes, Paralan does sell an excellent LVD-to-HVD
converter. At one time, I also thought to use one in a case similar to this one. But after I thought about it a while, I decided that the trouble I could run into when connecting it up to filesystem space (disk drive) was not worth the time and money it would take to reverse the process.

However, it did seem to work well with a tape drive.

Good Luck,
Curt