1747984 Members
4183 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Alert Level :12 Software failure

Jill Turner
Occasional Advisor

Alert Level :12 Software failure

This morning our N4000 went down with the alert error as above. There were lots of other message as well as "Type 20 major change in system state". The machine is backup and running, there is nothing in the console logs but I think to see exactly the issue I need to down the machine and do CL from the GSP prompt. Does anybody have any idea what this error points to as I don't really want to down the machine in work time again, but then I don't want it to stop again. Many Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Kwan Fong, Emile
Honored Contributor

Hello Jill,

Alter level 12 seems to be software related. Should it happens again, you'll need to take a memory dump and log a call to the HP Response Center to get the dump analyzed.
King is the customer!
S_Logan
HPE Pro

Hi

The GSP displays an Alert 12 message on the screen, the operating system was attempting to display on the console which would probably give you more information as to the
source of or the reason for the panic.

Connect to the GSP and run the "CL" command to view the console log. 

Press "CTRL+B" in keyboard which attached to the console, this action will give you the GSP command Mode in the Console.

login to GSP, GSP>CL to view the "conosle log".

HTH
Surendar
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]