1753928 Members
8874 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Automatic power-up upon power (AC) return

Scott Catterill
Occasional Contributor

Automatic power-up upon power (AC) return

Greetings.. I have three primary servers under my wing: an RP3440, an RP2470, and an RP5470.

The RP3440 has a GSP option "PR" (Power Restore policy configuration) which lets me choose how the server will react upon power returning after an outage.

The older servers lack the "PR" option, but have an "AR" (Automatic System Restart config.) option. I doubt this option provides the same functionality, though..

Can someone point me to the proper setting which will let me set the older servers to automatically power up after the UPS units resume power?

Thanks..

--Scott Catterill
--General Dynamics Canada
3 REPLIES 3
Joshua Scott
Honored Contributor

Scott,

The rp2470 and rp5470 have an on and off position for the power switch, although for the rp5470 it is hard to tell which way the switch is set.

If the power switch is set to on, then the system will come back on when power is reapplied.

-Josh
What are the chances...
Scott Catterill
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply..

What is the "AR" GSP option used for, then?

I am suspecting it for an automatic reboot upon a certain trigger, such as a kernel panic.. Correct?

--sc
Joshua Scott
Honored Contributor

The AR, if I remember correctly, will restart the system in the event of a Hardware failure or System Panic. Normally, the system will stay at the point of the crash with the error messages displayed on the console or LCD screen.

Josh
What are the chances...