HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1753823 Members
8801 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: C110 boot problem

C110 boot problem

Dear All,

I have a problme with my workstation C110 (A4200D old model). When I power on the workstation this one reboot alone 3 or 4 time during the bott process.

Each time that the workstation is rebooting I can see a message :
"eisa_config running in auto mode to fix the configuration mismatch".

The system seams modify the /etc/eisa/system.sci file.

The hardware configuration of my workstation has not be modified.

Could you please help me?

Best regards

JC
6 REPLIES 6
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

JC,

Check this doc.

http://www4.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/docDisplay.do?docLocale=en_US&docId=200000064209275

Document description: System continually reboots because NVM inconsistent
Document id: KBRC00010630

Regards,
Robert-Jan

Dear Robert

Thanks for your information.
I have removed the system.sci file thue error message still present.
Do you have an ohter idea?

Regards

JC
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

JC,

http://www4.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/docDisplay.do?docLocale=en_US&docId=200000062688987

If you have a support contract I would call the HP CRC (customer response centre), could be a hardware problem.

Hope this helps,
Robert-Jan

Dear Robert,

Thanks
I will try to follow the document.

But I can not contact the CRC to obtain a support on this type of equipment because it is out of support now (DR6+)

JC
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi,

I have come across this a few times in the past.
you maybe able to re run the eisa_config utility in hpux to get it back working, but this will probably only be a temporary fix.

The eisa config system.sci file checks the nvram for consistancy at every boot. The nvram has become corrupt for some reason.

This has always been a bad cpu board on the older c classes that ive dealt with. but ive always double ckecked the io board aswell. (the L shaped board inside)
The thing that sticks in my mind is that they have always had a dead coin cell battery in them aswell. Dont know if this has any real bearing on why the nvram fails but could cause problems with a power outage of some kind, something worth checking.

You should also check the date is set correct at PDC level. If there is a mismatch here you will get problems aswell.

The good news is the cpu boards are cheap nowadys on the used market. That would be my starting points anyway.

Andy
Ted Buis
Honored Contributor

I have no idea if this would help, but did you try and boot in single user mode?
Mom 6