108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: C2204A disk drive technical reference sought

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jesse Dougherty
Honored Contributor

C2204A disk drive technical reference sought

Would anyone happen to know where I might be able to find a file or link to the older (vintage, late 80's early 90's) HP C2204A or C2201A fiber link disk drives technical reference guides or trouble shooting handbook?

Jesse
Cypress Technology Inc
4 REPLIES 4
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi jesse,

Dont know of any literature but what do you need to know exactly?

I have some info buried in my head about these and have used them before and configured them.

Basically you need at least a master drive unit with terminators installed on the card the right way round. The slave ones had the option /1bg and came with cable to attach them.

Andy
Jesse Dougherty
Honored Contributor

Hi Andy, I need an electronic PDF or file of the C2200-90905 CE service handbook for the HP 6000 series disk storage systems so we can trouble shoot problems on the drives.

I sold a few of the C2204A disk drives to an end user in Asia and he is having some problems with them. I have the HP CE service handbook for the HP 6000 series disk storage systems - 670FL & 1.34FL and have been faxing him the troubleshooting and diagnostics sections but since the handbook is on a small type print it didn't come across his fax as legible and since you can't copy these, I can't blow them up. We have been trying to fix the problem via email correspondences but were loosing a lot of information in the translation. So, the only fix would be to electronically send him the troubleshooting and diagnostics sections, Fed-Ex him the service handbook, or ship the drives back here and fix the problem. The easiest of the three for me would be to email him the information.
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Hi Jesse,

Here's a few obscure links - hope they help:

http://docs.hp.com/en/B2355-90053/ch04s02.html

See CH. 4 in this one:

http://docs.hp.com/en/B2355-90053/B2355-90053.pdf

I can't seem to find any HW-specific manuals though.

HTH,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi,

sound abit awkward i agree.

In all the ones i've had dealings with i've never had a faulty controller though. I have seen hard drives that fail there in built self test. But the main problem I've seen is there not configured properly. Im sure you know which way round the terminators go if you have the book and if there not installed you get errors and if there in the wrong way you get errors on the leds aswell. If your joining a master and slave then you need a terminator on the outside of the pbus cable in each box.
I do know that these wont actually test in stm properly either.
You need to create a file system on them and then you can only do a read only test on the discs.
And make sure the cables are connected the right way aswell to the fibre link controller!
Easiest way is to create a file system through sam, selecting not using LVM then you can initailize the drive aswell

maybe just abit more for you to go at

andy