New Discussion юеВ

Re: CPU missing

SOLVED
Go to solution
Saurav_1
Valued Contributor

Hi,

UR problem is resolved. The time stamp of ts99 file will tell when the proc was disconfigurred. contact HP for replacement. More over Pls do assign points accordingly.

Saurav
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

I think Mr. Goldsmith already knows this since its in his posting.
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
Stefan Stechemesser
Honored Contributor

Hi,

the Event Monitoring Services (EMS) deconfigures a CPU if there have been too many correctable errors (single bit cache errors) to avoid a possible crash due to a multibit error. The CPU is soft deconfigured online (no more processes will start on this CPU) and marked to be hard-deconfigured during the next reboot (=> the error happened before your last reboot). You should check the file /var/opt/resmon/log/event.log. There may be a message telling you why this CPU was deconfigured. It may also be (less probable) that the CPU failed during the selftest and deconfigured itself. Then you have nothing in the event.log file, but maybe in the GSP error log. You can reenable the CPU by rebooting, press any key within 10 seconds on the console after the selftests and then enter the Service Menu by entering "ser" at the BCH prompt. Then you can use the "cpu" command to verify which CPU is deconfigured. Enter "cpu X on" to reenable the CPU (X is the number of the deconfigured CPU).
Of cause it would make sense to call the next HP response Center and let them find out if this CPU better should be replaced ...

Best regards

Stefan
Jeffrey F. Goldsmith
Super Advisor

Hello, I just got done booting my server and when the server first started up I received my first error. It looks like I am having a hardware error.

I am attaching the information.
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

Yes. CPU 3 is deconfigured.

Time for a replacement.
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law