HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1752565 Members
5134 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Can rp5470 work with 2 cpus (1of 2 is versionA while the other is versionB)?

Can rp5470 work with 2 cpus (1of 2 is versionA while the other is versionB)?

Can rp5470 work with 2 CPUs (1of 2 is versionA while the other is versionB)? is that possible?
what should i do? or what should be pay attention ?

thax many :)
5 REPLIES 5
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Can rp5470 work with 2 cpus (1of 2 is versionA while the other is versionB)?

Only the server is a revision A or B (in fact the systemboard), there is no version A or B for cpu.
The speed range of cpus is from 550MHz up to 875 MHz. Speed and a part number is printed on a label on the top.
Perhaps you can post the numbers. But it should be possible to "mix" different cpus (e.g. 750 and 875) and run them with the lower speed. Anyway, it may be a working, but unsupported solution.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Jesse Dougherty
Honored Contributor

Hi, Yes, the RP5470 can work with 2 CPU's but I wouldn't use the A & B versions together. I dont know if they will work together but I would assume that you might have issues using two different CPU's on the same processor support module. I would assume that your talking about the A6805A & A6805B 750MHz for the RP5470. The difference is the A version has 1.5MB cache and the B version has 2.25MB cache.

Hope this helps
Jesse
Cypress Technology Inc

thank you both :) this helps me a lot~~
I will try it according to some references. by the way, if luckily u have something useful, please show me all :-)

thanx again!

Ted Buis
Honored Contributor

You can mix A6805A and A6805B processors in the same system if you have firmware version 42.19.

ted
Mom 6
Ted Buis
Honored Contributor

I should add or 42.19 or later, just in case there is a later release.
Mom 6