HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1753775 Members
7038 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Care to offer a dignosis? L -class-power monitor card problem?

Patrick Wessel
Honored Contributor

Ed,

Sorry for asking so many question at once, but I thought it make more sense because of the time delay to ask one more question than waiting an additional day.

The GSP has no RTC. Every time you disconnect the power the date will fall back to 01.01.1970. At bootup synchronizes the diagnostics daemon the clock of the GSP. This is why you find so many strange dates in the logs.

A strange thing about your most resent error log is the Alert level. An Alert level 2 is normally not logged into the error logs, because it's not an error. A typically alert 2 is a message like "fan functioning"
This sounds like an firmware issue, that has nothing to do with your current problem, but you should keep it in mind.

I'm afraid that finding a hint what causes your system to not-cooperate is more time consuming and it's not as efficient that trouble shoot it with your local support.
But if you would like us to get a deeper look into your problem we would need the latest 'real' error logs of your system

Good luck
Patrick

There is no good troubleshooting with bad data
Ed Lawrence_1
Frequent Advisor

PROBLEM SOLVED

First I want to thank everyone for your suggestions, ideas, and support.

On Friday evening a new system board was delivered, and Bob my support person, installed it. As we both feared/suspected the problem remained.

We had both heard/read that parts between N's and L's are not inter-changeable, but he took a chance and took the CPUSM from our N and put it in the L.

Yes, the problem was a bad CPUSM.

Thank you all again for your support. I learned a lot through this experience and your helpful replies.

EL

Ed Lawrence_1
Frequent Advisor

Bad CPUSM.