1748171 Members
4208 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Change ip address in GSP lan configuration

Patti Johnson
Respected Contributor

Change ip address in GSP lan configuration

I have a production L2000 server and needed to change the ip address on the GSP. There is no console attached to the server. I logged into the GSP using the old ip address and entered
LC
changed ip address and confirmed
changed gateway and confirmed.
Session hung then disconnected.
I can not access the GSP from the new ip address or the old ip address.

Any help would be appreciated.

Patti
11 REPLIES 11
Uday_S_Ankolekar
Honored Contributor

I guess you need reset webconsole to factory default and then reconfigure lan

Is your webconsole internal to server or it is a external secure web console?

-USA...
Good Luck..
Patti Johnson
Respected Contributor

This is not a webconsole.
Running hp-ux 11.0 and A.01.09 GSP.
Why would changing the ip address make the console unavailable. Both the old and new ip address are valid for the server in it's current location. The issue is that we will soon be moving the server and the old gsp ip address will not be reachable.

Doug Burton
Respected Contributor

Is their another GSP or server on the same subnet as your reconfiged GSP? You may want to try to ping it or connect to it from a server. The thought is you may have a router/switch/firewall/something blocking your access.

If the IP (or whatever was changed) on the GSP is wrong somewhow then you'll need to get a console attached to the beast to config it.
Patti Johnson
Respected Contributor

The new GSP address is in the same sub-net as the lan card. The server is accessable but I can not ping the new ip address on the GSP.

Looks like I will need to find a console.

Will the resetGSP command also reset the lan configuration?

Doug Burton
Respected Contributor

No, the reset from the command line (stty +resetGSP < /dev/GSPdiag1) or from the tiny button on the back of the server (if you have one - some don't have it) will not reset the LAN.
Patti Johnson
Respected Contributor

Thanks Doug, looks like I need to find a console.

Does this mean it is not possible to change the ip address from a remote connection. I have one other server that requires the same type of change so I'll be doing this again.

Patti
Doug Burton
Respected Contributor

Yes Patti, you should be able to make the LAN changes. You could telnet to the GSP which you most likely did on your first server. Login and make your LAN changes. You should be fine.
Uday_S_Ankolekar
Honored Contributor

You should be able to change IP-Address the way you did, but some how webconsole is not responding to the new lan information. I was thinking may be the new lan information provided has some wrong inputs in it, so may be resetting webconsole to default and then reconfigure lan will help.

Good Luck..
timmy b.
Honored Contributor

Patti,
Any change in the lan console will necessitate a reset to reload and enable the new config. If you had a console attached, you could simply run an XD and then select R for reset. This would load the new config and you'd be able to to access the console via the web.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand Binary, and those who don't.