1752782 Members
6454 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Clean Install on K360 Failing

Jim Rogers_5
Advisor

Clean Install on K360 Failing

I am trying to install HP-UX 11 on a K360 Server. The server boots up and I get to the correct prompt. I issue boot 10/12/5.2 (CD Drive) and it starts in the boot process. messages are as expected for first few minutes. When it gets to "Scanning system for IO devices" it just stays there. I let it run for 12 hours today, with no movement. When I do a search at the earlier prompt, it correctly sees the two disks installed.

I amm at a loss as to what to try next. Does anyone have any recommendations?
3 REPLIES 3
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

The first thing that I would do is check your firmware release. It may not be new enough to load 11.0. The next thing that I would do is try another Installation CD. It would be a good time to check for proper SCSI termination. The bus must be terminated in exactly two places -- on the physical ends of the bus. At least one device on the bus must supply termination power. Bad termination can cause exactly the kinds of problem that you are seeing; it almost works perfectly.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
SteveB CR
Advisor

I strongly recommend replacing the Core I/O of this system. Almost every K360 I've come into contact with will take HP UX 11, and when the system hangs during the Scan for System devices the Core I/O is faulty.

Good luck with this.
Jim Rogers_5
Advisor

I found the solution