108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Console Monitor Issue with RP5430...ie. HP 9000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jon Le
Advisor

the server is up and running. Everything appears to work except the Monitor. I have tried different plugs and different outlets, the monitor is getting power. The screen is just black. We also tried that on the new monitor that the tech brought and no go either. We think the new monitor is DOA.
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor
Solution

The C1099 is a newer version of the 700/9x terminal BUT both terminals will *ALWAYS* have a flashing cursor on the screen, even when hooked up to nothing. So don't try to fix anything in the GSP/MP until there is a cursor on the screen. Hopefully, the tech will test your 2nd replacement at the office before coming out on site.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Jon Le
Advisor

i received a new monitor today and it worked. How do I go about getting it to work with the server? I plugged it in however it just blinking on a blank white page. I tried control B and nothing happen. Do I have to hit something to make it initiliaze?
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Not sure what type of terminal you got now, but did you connect to port 1?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Jon Le
Advisor

yes I did, i got it working now. I had to hit F4 to select Remote. Everything is working now. I went into console and checked the logs. Thank you everyone for your help.

Never had a monitor go bad on me before. We had the same console monitor for hte last 8 years. Guess it was just time.