HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1751898 Members
5630 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Console and a rp2470 ( Dont resolve)

SOLVED
Go to solution
Boris_8
Occasional Contributor

Console and a rp2470 ( Dont resolve)

First i write:
--------------------
I am installing a rp2470, this have a monitor of 19" and a graphic card of fabric. I dont order the terminal console, only de monitor.

When i turn on the rp2470, te monitor dont display nothing, except:

Remote* dISPLAY Auto
Mode FUNCTNS Lf

I dont see teh PDC,What i can do????
--------------------
After i think that the monitor dont funtion like a console, i use a pc with wrk reflection for hp, i connect this to the serial port 9 pins on the rear of rp2470 where tell "console" .

The software dont display anything.

Help please.

Always ON
3 REPLIES 3
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor
Leif Halvarsson_2
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi

I assume you can log in to from your graphic screen with a ordinary CDE session. Or you can log in remote from another host.

Try the method below, it is from the link I send you. I tested this on a A400 and on this it worked perfect but I dont get it work on a rp2430. If it works uou should get a response like "Service processor login". I am interested if this works for you.

# umask 077
# mknod /dev/tty1p0 c 1 0x010000
# vi /usr/lib/uucp/Systems

Add the following line to the bottom of the Systems file. This is really one big long line so ignore any breaks in the text:

port Any;5 gspiport,f 9600 - "" \r\d\r\d\r ogin:-BREAK-ogin: uucp asswrd: uucp-BREAK-ogin: uucp asswrd: uucp

# vi /usr/lib/uucp/Devices

(append this to the bottom of the file):

port tty1p0 - 9600 direct

# cu -l /dev/tty1p0

At that point, you are now communicating with the Guardian Service Processor (GSP). Leave the connection with: ~. (that's tilde dot)