108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Customer satisfaction woth HP hardware support for 9000 servers

SOLVED
Go to solution
Michael Tully
Honored Contributor

I'm usually pleased with the service provided, particularly hardware support, where I know all of the engineers that I make contact with. Software is a different matter, primarily because I will have done all of the preliminary work already and have to explain it again to at least two CE's, as well as supply umpteen logs that sometimes don't have anything to do with the problem.
Other than that it's fine ...
Anyone for a Mutiny ?
T G Manikandan
Honored Contributor

If you are asking about the HPUX RISC servers -- 9 out of 10.

We have some Vectra HP Intel desktops for which the support is very bad.

DELL gives good support for that.

Never had any software support with HP.
Mic V.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm speaking about experience with HP9000 servers, no workstations. I've worked with them for six and a half years and I've done everything from time and materials jobs up to CSS level service.

In short: I would never trust my business-critical systems to third-party hardware support.

I'd give a 9 of 10 overall. I find that there is some variance between CEs, but am happier with HP than with Sun; HP doesn't farm out lower-level repairs to third party contractors. I suggest that to be most successful with HP support, you should have a good eye for detail and be self-assured; you occasionally need to ask someone to do something differently or to escalate. You will also have better results if you really know your systems and keep configurations printed out. (This is probably just true in general, not picking on HP.)

We have some fantastic CEs in our region and I couldn't have gotten by without them. The dispatchers (hardware and software) are also very nice and very helpful in general. The folks in the response center have put up with my refusal to let them log in when they were diagnosing hardware issues and always graciously worked with me as their hands.

I'm also generally happy with HP's software support, though I haven't had to use them extensively and I *did* have CSS support, so I wasn't dealing with first-line support. The ITRC is IMO the best feature of HP support; I simply could *not* get by without the knowledge database. The forums are also a good source of support.

Mic
What kind of a name is 'Wolverine'?
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Thanks to all forum members giving me their opinion.
But showing the rabbit on the posting does not mean, that i am not interested in more.
So keep it going.
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
Keith Bevan_1
Trusted Contributor

Alexander,

The company I work for have predominantly used HP kit and specifically HP 9000's (D,K & L Class servers) over the last 6 years.

All HP Hardware calls have been addressed and resolved in a very efficient manner.

Whenever HP Calls have been raised, or engineer advice or visits have been required, HP have alwyas given due consideration towards downtime,timeliness of solutions and satisfaction of the customer. 10/10

Keith
You are either part of the solution or part of the problem
Keith Bevan_1
Trusted Contributor

Alexander,

Oops !! I forgot to mention Software Calls also.

Not as good, probably an 8 out of 10. Just has a few issues with obtaining Support Bundles and Patches on media, rather than downloads. Overall still relatively pleased. 8/10

Keith
You are either part of the solution or part of the problem
Andreas Ciecior

Dear Alex,
the HP support in hard- and Software is the best one you will find on the market. Belive me ;-)

ANdreas
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Hi Andreeas.
Why do i not see the blue flag along with your name ?
;-)
Rgds
Alex
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

I ma overwhelmed by all the answers.
Thank you very much