New Discussion юеВ

Re: D220 disk and memory

SOLVED
Go to solution
Elias Abboud
Honored Contributor

D220 disk and memory

Hi Everyone,

I have an HP 9000/D220 server lying around so I figured why not use it. The problem is That I need to ugrade my disk and memory configuration and I am a bit lost.

I have 8 slots for memory. 2 of them have a 64M installed. This would allow me a max of 512M if I fill out all slots. But I really need to go to 1GB. The largest HP memory for the D220 I found is A3408A which is a pair of 64M. Can I use other memory models than the one listed in the Partsurfer for the D220? Would they be compatible? anyone ever tried this?

As for the Disk, I would need a pair of single ended SCSI with 18 GB capacity that would fit in the D220. Again in the partsurfer, the largest capacity i could find was 4 GB. Which Disk could I use? Can anyone provide me with a part number? I found the following part number "A5545A" can anyone tell me if This would fit in the D220?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
If you can't solve it, post it :)
5 REPLIES 5
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi

yes you can put larger memory modules in provided you are upto date with the pdc level

latest is 38.46

this is a part of what it says

- Provides support for 512MB memory module(4X memory).
This module consists of two 256MB memory DIMMs.

256mb 2x128 =A3564A
512mb 2x256 =A3717A

however the K class part number memory will also work.
The D220 supports upto 2gb memory

The A5544A is the 9gb and A5545A is the 18gb disc and should work, if i remember correctly these came with a 68 pin adapter as they were 68 pin discs but will fit.

andy
Elias Abboud
Honored Contributor

Thank you both for your fast replies especially Andy for the valuable information. Robert, I was looking for HP memories. And the kingston by the way lists that server as "Not supported".

Thanks.
Jesse Dougherty
Honored Contributor

there is also a A5546A 36GB SE 7200 RPM SCSI drive for the D220, you can get a little crazy and stick 180GB single ended drives in there, HP will not support them but they work fine as storage drives. There are probably some on ebay, if your interested.
Elias Abboud
Honored Contributor

Thanks Jesse,

I think I will stick with the 18 GB. It is more than enough for me. But Thank you for the suggestion, It might come handy some day :)