108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: D370 server support 18GB disk ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rambo_1
Regular Advisor

D370 server support 18GB disk ?

I have a D370 server, the size of the root disk is 4GB, but it's too small to me now. I want to replace it with a 18GB disk,is it possible , can it support the new 18GB disk ?I don't know.

BR
5 REPLIES 5
Elmar P. Kolkman
Honored Contributor

The server will support it, but you'll probably need to make an ignite tape of your vg00 and recover it on the new disk, because your vg00 will not support the larger disk now (vgdisplay will show you the max pe per pv, which will be something near 1024, meaning 4 Gb. This parameter can not be changed.)
Every problem has at least one solution. Only some solutions are harder to find.
Rambo_1
Regular Advisor

Elmar P. Kolkman
you mean the available capacity of the new vg00 is still 4GB .
thanks
John Carr_2
Honored Contributor

Rambo

if you make an ignite image on tape using make_tape_recovery -A then change the disk to the 18 GB disk and restore the system from the tape the file systems will still all be the same size as now but you will be able to increase the sizes or alternativley during the restore you can do it interactively and specify your new filesystem sizes.

:-) John.
Rambo_1
Regular Advisor

John Carr
how to specify the filesystem sizes after I boot from tape ?

Thanks
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor
Solution

Rambo,

You can resize the filesystems during the ignite recovery, in the gui choose advanced options.

Regards,
Robert-Jan