New Discussion юеВ

DAT 72 problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
alexey sipkin
Occasional Advisor

Re: DAT 72 problem

Torsten
2 internal disks, look at ioscan result file in previous messages. disk are used 0 and 1 slots.
Phil uk
Honored Contributor

Hi,

You mentioned in one of your previous replies
"and in previuos cases there are not such problems"
..does this mean that you could possibly attach this external DAT40 / Cable and TERM to another RP3440 server that you have.

You could try to eliminate either the server or the DAT as being a problem.

It looks like it is supported OK on 11.11, but i can't find any info with regard to the Server Firmware requiremens.
I would imagine that it should be universally OK with an RP3440 regardless of the server firmware.

Are you able to try the DAT on another server temporarily for testing purposes..?

Ultimately...you may well have a hardware problem, but it would be good to try and explore all possible alternatives first.
Phil
alexey sipkin
Occasional Advisor

Phil UK
unfortunately it's not possible to check this DAT 72 on another 3440 server or DAT 40 on this server. first of all a will try to check terminator and cable...thank's for advice
Phil uk
Honored Contributor

I will try and think of any other considerations in the meantime.......but if you could awards point for effort.

I will investigate further.
phil

Phil uk
Honored Contributor

HP recommend a C2979B cable.

Phil uk
Honored Contributor

I am running out of ideas.

I have no information to substantiate this, but can you post the output of a sysrev so that we can see how old your firmware is.

CTRL B
CM>SYSREV

I can't find any documentation that would suggest that support for the DAT40 external requires a min F/W revision on the server.....but it might be worth a try.
alexey sipkin
Occasional Advisor

Phil UK
where you find information about this type of cable, because here http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantstorage/bcs-rackandpower/data-cables/scsi_cables_terminators.html
there is no such item.
I'm using C2924C cable at this moment.
alexey sipkin
Occasional Advisor

result of SYSREV

MP FW : E.03.15
BMC FW : 03.51
System FW : 45.44
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

The firmware is not the newest, but I think it is not related.
I would inspect the cables/terminator for broken/bent pins first. Also consider bad hardware/cable.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Phil uk
Honored Contributor

Hi,
I obtained the cable info from the page that you posted, but admittedly the page you posted does refer to the DAT72.

http://www.hp.com/products1/storage/compatibility/tapebackup/PA-RISC/Detail/16-0015-0098.html#CONTROLLERS)

I also doubt that i will be a firmware issue, but worth updating anyway (there may be some hardware enablement in the latest firmware).

Other than that...I guess you have a hrdware issue.