108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DC Overvoltage Power Shutdown

SOLVED
Go to solution
Richard Murden
Regular Advisor

DC Overvoltage Power Shutdown

I have K420 Class machine, I have tried to hardboot the machine but it showed "DC Overvoltage Power Shutdown" on Front Panel LCD. We have replaced the power supply and the power monitor board with no success. I have tried combinations with the new/old power supply and boards but still nothing. Any suggestions? Points to be awarded.
Thanks,
Richard
6 REPLIES 6
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

The only times I have seen this, the power supply or the monitor board was bad. I would strip this puppy down to only the PS and monitor boards (no CPU's or memory carriers) as a first step and power it up and observe the LCD messages. It's quite possible that your replacement part(s) are bad as well.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Joshua Scott
Honored Contributor

What partnumber is on the power supply?

You need either 0950-3032 or 0957-0279.

Josh
What are the chances...
Richard Murden
Regular Advisor

Power supply number is 0950-3032. Why do you ask?
Joshua Scott
Honored Contributor

Just making sure that you have the right one in there. Looks like you do.

Josh
What are the chances...
Brian Vance
Advisor

I have also seen a bad memory carrier cause this problem.

The earlier suggestion of trying it with no CPUs or memory would be a good start. You could then just add each part until you find the failure.
Richard Murden
Regular Advisor

I found the problem. I started pulling different pieces of hardware out, then trying to boot. I got to CPU 1, pulled it out and got the server to boot. I turned the server off reinserted the CPU and it booted. I guess the CPU was not seeded properly?