Did you mean: 

DDS4 on HP9000 K80

SOLVED
Go to solution
Marcos_19
Occasional Contributor

DDS4 on HP9000 K80

Hi,
I wonder if there is any solution in order to connect a DDS4 unit (either internal or external) to a K580 server. i know the only one supported by hp is an internal DDS3, but we need DDS4.
3 REPLIES 3
Leif Halvarsson_2
Honored Contributor

Re: DDS4 on HP9000 K80

Hi,

I can see no reason why it should not work (assuming you have the correct SCSI-interface and cables). You need a SE or LVD SCSI-bus (not HVD) for connecting the drive. The internal drive may be a problem, DAT 3 drives has a 50 pin connector and DAT 4 a 68 pin (I am not sure about adapters for internal drives). For external drives there is 50-68 pin adapters (if you have a Narrow SE connector on the K580).
Joshua Scott
Honored Contributor
Solution

I've seen it done before on a K-class. I'm not sure how it was done. The guy is known for "rigging" things, though.

The DDS4 has a transfer rate of 3MB/sec, so I would recommend that it be on its own bus. you can connect it to a 28655A SE SCSI Card. (you should be able to find them used anywhere.) Other than that you'll need a C2906A (5181-7707) Cable to adapt from the 50-pin to the 68-pin connector.

Josh
What are the chances...
Binukuttan VM_1
Frequent Advisor

Dear

whether you have physical connectivity prob. or OS/HW comaptibility prob. You can search fo patch if it is a OS/HW comaptibility pob. like HP 9000 E45/ E55 won't support DDS 3 without Kernel patch...

If it is physical connnetivity prob. only you neeed a ultra - SE convertor