1753735 Members
4353 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DLT8000 and K570

LucianoCarvalho
Respected Contributor

DLT8000 and K570

Hy guys!! I have to connect a Surestore E-Tape Library 4/40(DLT8000) to a K570 server. When the tape is connected to K570 server, system panics at boot time. thre is no scsi address conflict and the tape is working on another D350 machine. Any idea????
3 REPLIES 3
Helen French
Honored Contributor

Re: DLT8000 and K570

Hi,

I would check the following:

1) The SCSI termination
2) The DLT library hardware issues ( I faced an issue long back with a library( panic error) and it was just a simple loose connection inside)
3) Run STM or offline diag
4) Check HPMC errors and PIM information
5) Log a hardware call with HP support

HTH,
Shiju
Life is a promise, fulfill it!
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

First of all, be aware that each DLT7000/8000 MUST be on its own dedicated SCSI bus. (Adding the robotics to the same bus is okay).

If you are using a 28696A FW SCSI controller, you should update the firmware with PF_ISFW3944. I would also make certain that your K580 firmware is up to the latest firmware revision 42.01 (PF_CBHK4201).

Check the usual stuff like good calble connections, terminators, terminator power is supplied.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Jon Mattatall
Esteemed Contributor

This may not be much help, but...

We have had an ongoing battle with several K570's here and DLT8000's. They would not, and to this day will not, play nicely. We had HP in, and eventually wound up replacing virtually everything but the chassis (firmware, controllers, bus, among other things) on one of the boxes (fortunately not production).

DLT7000's, on the other hand, work perfectly. That was our final resolution, and thankfully we do not require the extra capacity to back up this box.

These are older boxes "handed down" to us from HQ, so we don't know their history. The HP tech would have bet large sums a firmware upgrade would have fixed the problem, but no.

As an actual helpful suggestion, have you tried a 7000 instead? I have no good explanation for it, but it worked for us.

Jon
A little knowledge is dangerous - none is absolutely terrifying!!!