6999 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Diagnsotic memlodg dying, CPU Information incomplete

Charlie_17
Advisor

Diagnsotic memlodg dying, CPU Information incomplete

Hi all,

on my KClass I have Diagnostic A.38.00. The memlogd keeps dying every few hours, the information on the CPUs is always incomplete.

The error messages I get:
Thu Aug 7 17:28:42 2003: Memlogd diagnostic logging daemon started.

Thu Aug 7 17:28:42 2003: Ioctl system call failed with errno (12) when attempting to perform a DIAG_PDC_CALL request to the diag2 pseudo driver to perform the PDC call.
The errno returned was not expected.
Possible Causes/Recommended Action:
This is most likely an internal application error.

Thu Aug 7 17:28:42 2003: Due to the failure in reading PDC, the Memory Configuration Table was not obtained. Initialization was unsuccessful.

Thu Aug 7 17:28:42 2003: Memlogd daemon failed to get access to the dmem driver. Communication was not established with the memory hardware. Memlogd daemon will exit.

Thu Aug 7 17:28:47 2003: Memlogd diagnostic logging daemon started.

Thu Aug 7 17:28:47 2003: Ioctl system call failed with errno (12) when attempting to perform a DIAG_PDC_CALL request to the diag2 pseudo driver to perform the PDC call.
The errno returned was not expected.
Possible Causes/Recommended Action:
This is most likely an internal application error.

And so on...

Can anyone help what to do? Thanks a lot in advance!
Time flies like an arrow -- fruit flies like a banana
2 REPLIES 2
Bernhard Mueller
Honored Contributor

Hi,

check which PDC FW you have, upgrade if you have not the latest.

If you need not/cannot upgrade PDC FW and/or cannot reboot the other choices are swremove OnlineDiag and install older version (with S TMpatches!!!) e.g. from Dec. 2002 support+ CD plus PHSS_28619.

Regards,
Bernhard
Andrew Merritt_2
Honored Contributor

Have you checked you have the latest diag2 patch installed? The latest for 11.00 (you don't say what you're running) is PHKL_29011, which fixes JAGae38631, which has identical symptoms to what you are reporting.

Andrew