HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earth Leakage Current

Earth Leakage Current

I have been asked by our facilities department to supply them with the power requirements for our servers. They have asked for the watts used, the BTU output, the inrush current and the earth leakage voltage. The server types we have are:

rp5470, 3 PSU, 3Gb RAM, 2x 72Gb disks
rp3410, 1 PSU, 4Gb RAM, 2x 72Gb disks
rp3440, 1 PSU, 4Gb RAM, 2x 72Gb disks
rp4440, 2 PSU, 8Gb RAM, 2x 72Gb disks
d320, 1 PSU, 2Gb RAM, 5x 18Gb disks

I have the Watt and BTU figures but I cannot find the inrush current and the earth leakage information. All systems are connected to 230v supplies.

Can anyone help?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Naveej.K.A
Honored Contributor

Re: Earth Leakage Current

Hi,

Look out for the site preparation guide for each class of server you want. Some site prep guide for some series of server talks about the inrush current and the earth leakage current.

http://docs.hp.com/en/hw.html

The only site prep guide to talk about the inrush current and the earth leakage current is that of the RP4440. You can consider this as a standard/base and derive upon appropriate values.

I think that the earth leakage current would be almost the same for all the class of servers you have mentioned.

Regards,
Naveej
practice makes a man perfect!!!
Thayanidhi
Honored Contributor

RP5470
======
Inrush current 69A per line cord.

RP4440
======
100A (peak), 55A (average) 0msec- 1msec
55A (peak), 33A (average) 1msec - 2msec
55A (peak), 22A (average) 2msec -10sec
25A (peak), 15A (average) 10msec - 150msec

For rest rest of the server I don't find them. Also I have no idea about earth leakage.

In general make proper earth connection as site preparation guide.

You don't need to add all the inrush current, becuase you may not power on all the servers at same time.

Regds
TT
Attitude (not aptitude) determines altitude.
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi,

you really need to get the servers measured on a PAT tester for the earth leakage. I doubt that would be published.

If you have had them electrically safety tested the details should be on that report.

It could vary slightly to how much use the psu's have had.

andy