cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enablement of ICOD Processors

Deepu Chakravarty
Regular Advisor

Enablement of ICOD Processors

We have rp7420 server and the server has 2 ICOD processors. We want to enable it. As per the document "Instant Capacity on Demand (iCOD) User’s Guide for versions B.05.x",

Activating iCOD Processors in iCOD Systems
------------------------------------------
A nominal right-to-access fee is paid to HP for each iCOD processor in the iCOD system. After an iCOD processor is activated, a purchase order should be submitted to HP or the authorized channel partner, for payment of the enablement fee. Therefore, exercise caution to ensure that an iCOD processor is activated purposefully and with financial approval"

My Query:
---------
It is saying a nominal right-to-access fee for ICOD enablement. How to know the amount of this nominal fee? If it is from HP or from its channel partner, how to assess the truthfulness of the quote of the enablement fee?

Pls clarify.
2 REPLIES 2
Sandy Chen
Honored Contributor

Re: Enablement of ICOD Processors

Hi,

You can contact either hp or channel partner. If you have account manager directly from HP, that will make the process faster.

Regards,
Sandy
I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Enablement of ICOD Processors

>It is saying a nominal right-to-access fee for ICOD enablement. How to know the amount of this nominal fee?

I assume you have already paid this just to have them on your server. After you enable it, you will have to pay much more. Which I assume isn't nominal. (But I could be reading this wrong?)

>If it is from HP or from its channel partner, how to assess the truthfulness of the quote of the enablement fee?

Truthfulness of who/what? You or the quote?