Go to solution
Raphael Peraza
Advisor

Error Boot L2000

I have a L2000 with the following error:

ALERT LEVEL: 15 = Fatal hardware or configuration problem prevents operation

SOURCE: 8 = I/O
SOURCE_DETAIL: 6 = disk SOURCE_ID = 0

In the BCH, with the option SEA, it does not show no active device for booting, this error can be by disks? or it can be another device?

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Error Boot L2000

It could be your boot disk(s) or it could be the controller(s) controlling those disks.

If you have added any devices recently it is possible that you have a SCSI ID conflict.

If you have a valid support contract with HP, I would call your local response center and get them involved.
Peter Godron
Honored Contributor

Raphael,
have you checked all your connections and terminators? Also see whether all the status lights on the disks come on.
Seems to be a hardware or config problem.
Peter Godron
Honored Contributor

Raphael,
can you please update the thread. Any progress/solution?
Raphael Peraza
Advisor

Today I review disk and controller of physical form, because it does not recognize the DVD to me to make another installation with the media of HP-ux, any information I will communicate them, thanks
SteveB CR
Advisor

The L2000 is a self terminating system, meaning if you are missing a terminator it won't halt the system from booting or even show an error. Based on the fact that you do not show the DVD or Hard drives during the SEA option, which searches for bootable devices. I would unfortunately have to tell you it sounds like the media I/O board, which is the board that the disk drives and DVD drive connect to inside the server.

First I would remove all the drives, however make a note of where they belong in relation to the slots on the front of the server.

Then remove the DVD drive

remove the sheet metal so you can get to the I/O board these devices connect to

remove the board, then re-seat the board and re-assemble the parts you took out.

Once you've got everything back together power on the server and run the SEA option from the main menu again. If this doesn't clear up the problem, then replace that board ASAP! In the mean time I would consider finding an External CD/DVD drive and External Hard Drive to install an operating system and get this server back up and running.

GOOD LUCK, let me know if I can help with anything else.

Steve B
Andrikopoulos Andreas
Occasional Contributor

Hi Raphael,

i had the same problem with a L2000. To fix it i remove the Disks and the DVD-Rom and i simply change the backplane where the disks fit. I think its wise to check all the conectors. Please inform us if you have fixed and how the problem.
Raphael Peraza
Advisor

make the change of backplane, but the error followed, thank you very much by all its helps, we are hoping to obtain the System Board,