HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1753563 Members
6185 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Event 100091

Event 100091

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THE EVENT SUMMARY: Software configuration error, means that i need to upgrade Firmware disk.
3 REPLIES 3
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

This will really depend on the situation the system was in when the problem occured.

Can you give more information regarding system type, where you seen the error (GSP, OS, etc), and the situation the server was in when the occur occured (during bootup, etc)?? Also any more info on the error itself would be useful as that number doesnt tell too much.

-Bob
----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
Tobias Hartlieb
Trusted Contributor

Hi Carlos,

I made the experience that the EMS "Software Configuration error" comes in two different situatiuons:
1) The device monitored is not supported by EMS (e.g. 3rd party Disk Array, etc..)
2) A SCSI bus reset has occured. Check /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log for the occurance of a SCSI bus reset when EMS reported SW configuration error. In that case you don't have to bother for the EMS event - it's the result of the SCSI bus reset. Rather check for the source of the SCSI bus reset (which might be another guest on the SCSI bus...). By the way, If SCSI resets occur once in a while, there is no need to worry...

Regards

Tobias
HP Germany
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

Please list:

# ioscan -fnkC tape

In this case its going to probably be the firmware or PDC. However, use STM or LTT for verification. Here's a link for LTT:

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/ltt/specifications.html

Also listed below is the event description. Note, in all cases but one no action is needed and the message is informational.

Event 100091

Code:0xXX Qualifier:0xXX Key:0x06 Status:0xXX
Device: TAPE
Severity: INFORMATION
Code:0xXX Qualifier:0xXX Key:0x06 Status:0xXX
Device: ALL
Severity: MAJOR_WARNING
Event Summary: Software configuration error
Problem Description: The device is in a condition where it requires action on the part of the device driver or a human operator.
Probable Cause / Recommended Action: The device has been reset by a Bus Device Reset message, a hard reset condition, or a power-on reset. If this is the case, no action is necessary.
Alternatively, a removable medium has been loaded or replaced. If this is the case, no action is necessary.
Alternatively, the mode parameters, microcode, or inquiry data for the device have been changed. If this is the case, no action is necessary.
Alternatively, the installed version of the device driver does not match that of the installed version of HP-UX. Install the correct version of the driver.

http://docs.hp.com/hpux/onlinedocs/diag/ems/scsi.htm
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law