HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1753480 Members
5096 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

External DDS3 Tape drive to K360

Andrew Wu_1

External DDS3 Tape drive to K360

I'm trying to hook up a C6364A to the F/W DIFF SCSI port on the core I/O of a K360, but I doubt it will work as it seems to be a differential SCSI interface, while C6364A use SE SCSI I/F.

Does any one know if this is possible and how (using a convertor/adapter)? Or should I use a different tape drive for K360? If this is the case, what HP product # is this tape drive? TIA.

Andrew Wu.
3 REPLIES 3
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: External DDS3 Tape drive to K360

It is death to connect a SE SCSI device to a FWD HVD SCSI controller as is on your K-box. This can kill/damage all devices on the bus.

1) You can install a 28655A SE-SCSI controller in your K-box. These should be rather inexpensive on the used-equipment market.

2) You can purchase a SCSI bus convertor. One source for these devices is http://www.blackbox.com.

You can mix LVD and SE SCSI but HVD SCSI cannot be used with any other equipment.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Andrew Wu_1

28655A seems to be a good alternative if I could get them at a very cheap price. Bus converter should work fine, too, but they seems to cost more. Thanks for the advise.

Andrew.
Tony Bacon
Frequent Advisor

Andrew,

We have plenty of the 28696A's in-stock for $50 each. Please let me know if you have any additional needs.

Tony Bacon
Epic Systems
888-395-3742 ext.3418